Friday, August 13, 2004

Learned Discourse

Bill Seitz has quickly established himself as, outside of the eponymous Assclown, the most controversial figure here at MWIAA.

The other day (yesterday? Christ, probably, who can keep track of these things) he extended the olive branch, hailing this as his new favorite website. I'll admit, I was more than a little flattered, I even considered a post entitled "Bill Seitz? High Five!" or some such thing. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed, I didn't want to set a precedent whereby the staff at MWIAA would start fawning over anybody who was willing to kiss a little ass.

Sure enough, I awoke this morning to Seitz's response for my (Vin Scully endorsed)call to eliminate all the expansion teams:

"I say we start first by getting rid of teams who haven't found a way to win a world series in the last 85 years. I mean, if you haven't won in 85+ years, should you really still be allowed to even play?"

-Seitz

Well loyal reader Anonymous didn't take kindly to Bill's dig...

"As a member of Red Sox Nation, allow me to be the first to say - FUCK OFF, ASSCLOWN!"

While I think it more or less captures the essence of my feelings on the topic, I think maybe we can do better.

Maybe...

"I say we start first by getting rid of teams who take more than four decades to win their first championship."

or

"I say we start first by getting rid of teams who only won one world series."

or

"I say we start first by getting rid of teams who have never won two world series in a row."

or

"I say we start first by getting rid of teams whose only player in the Hall of Fame went in wearing a Twins hat."





1 Comments:

Blogger Seitz said...

Umm, are you forgetting Dave Winfield? Eddie Murray? Those guys are HOFers too, ya know. Orioles caps and Padres caps everywhere feel slighted by your post.

-Seitz

August 13, 2004 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home