Seitz Fact-Checks My Ass II
"Umm, are you forgetting Dave Winfield? Eddie Murray? Those guys are HOFers too, ya know. Orioles caps and Padres caps everywhere feel slighted by your post."
-Seitz
No, and I'm not forgetting Reggie or Nolan or any of the singing cowboy's other rent-a-studs. Carew is the only guy in the Hall that I associate with the Angels and as his plaque indicates, he belongs to the Twinkies. Winfield? Too many teams. Murray? An Oriole (don't piss off that guy from "Crabland", he's nuts). Reggie? An A or a Yankee. Nolan? See "Winfield."
Damn it, Bill, you're just being obstinate.
Don't forget to vote, people.
-Seitz
No, and I'm not forgetting Reggie or Nolan or any of the singing cowboy's other rent-a-studs. Carew is the only guy in the Hall that I associate with the Angels and as his plaque indicates, he belongs to the Twinkies. Winfield? Too many teams. Murray? An Oriole (don't piss off that guy from "Crabland", he's nuts). Reggie? An A or a Yankee. Nolan? See "Winfield."
Damn it, Bill, you're just being obstinate.
Don't forget to vote, people.
3 Comments:
Well, Ryan did pitch four no-hitters with the Angels, so he has a much stronger tie to them than any of the other guys, really, except maybe Carew (whose bobblehead adorns my cube at work). And Grich should be a HOFer, and would probably go in as an Angel, so that's something.
Bill Seitz rules.
Just thought I'd let everyone know.
Love,
Anonymous (not to be confused with Bill's friend Ben)
That's Crabtown, sir. Crabtown.
"Crabland" is just a ex-soldier's nickname for the Combat Zone, and should not be used in reference to that most fortunate of cities, situated near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, where delightful freshwater crustaceans will march into your net, though said arthropods could well fight ya when it comes time to dump 'em in the pot.
Don't even get me started on the Eddie Murray thing.
I might rant.
Post a Comment
<< Home