Tuesday, September 21, 2004

What the F@ck!

Matt tried to assuage Lisa's concerns with some words of encouragement from his old friend Eric Neel. It turns out Neel's throwing a little love at Biggio and Bagweel in the wild card hunt:
"I want the Astros, actually, because I want to see good pitching AND I want to see Bagwell and Biggio get another shot."
Well I'm sure this endorsement would normally be of great comfort to Lisa, seeing as she's a lowly blogger and he's an ESPN Columnist, but only if she were to ignore the fact that five days ago he wrote:
"And if you're still waffling, here's my "On Baseball" official endorsement: You should root for the Cubs. High risk, high reward; just like a long weekend in Vegas, Baby."
Jeebus. This naked pandering just makes me sick. I can't wait for Thursday's column when he gets behind the Fish.

Who's waffling now?


And don't get me started on the whole LA/SF v Boston/NY. I've lived in three of those four cities, it's not even close.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now don't you worry bout me fallin for eric's change of story - i'm not all that ignore-ant. yall can tell him that for me, too.

matt - i won't tell our pals at primer bout youse bein a doubtin saberite and closet backlashinger.
and really, travis F. hafner ain't the boy - it's adam F dunn - poster boy fer three true outcomes. boring, more boringer and mostest boringest.

the stat-ists just all pist off cuz ichiro's singles don't result in enough RBIs (the stat they spit on) or runs scored - it don't matter that the rest of the team sucks and don't drive him in. they just cain't bring themselves to say that someone with low walks or slugging can be useful, let alone good, let alone excellent.

most important, "fun to watch" don't count cuz there ain't no formula to quantify it. yet. but i'll be workin on it.

lisa gray

September 21, 2004 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

Don't worry Matt. You can't be an Angels fan and not be saber doubter to some degree. The two are simply incompatible. Plus, fully embracing sabermetrics makes it much harder to hate the A's. You need the wiggle room.

September 22, 2004 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home