What a Huckleberry
JagPo is one of my best and oldest friends. We met via telephone when I called the Weave in Paris while I was in the grips of an LSD-fueled rage. In the ten years since we have shared apartments from Prague to SF. He's about as close to a brother as I've ever had.
His wife Shayna, also a great friend, called me today at work telling me that Jags was in the ER with an as yet to be determined malady that had been dogging him for days. She wanted to know if I could come stay at the hospital with him while she went to work tonight (she's one of the editors of a poular teevee show featuring five fascistic gay men). I said of course.
On my way home from work I stopped by the hospital to check in with her briefly. Big hug, "how are you doing?," blah-buh-di-blah... and then we sat down for a bit to talk about what was going on. At first they thought kidney stone, then maybe appendicitis (had it, not fun), they still don't know but are running tests.
At one point she tells me, "Yeah, I told him I was gonna call you to ask if you could stay with him and he said, 'No, you can't call him, he can't come, he's got a game to watch.'"
I love that guy.
Yes, I'm going to the hospital... Jeebus, I'm not a monster. And they have three teevees in the waiting room.
His wife Shayna, also a great friend, called me today at work telling me that Jags was in the ER with an as yet to be determined malady that had been dogging him for days. She wanted to know if I could come stay at the hospital with him while she went to work tonight (she's one of the editors of a poular teevee show featuring five fascistic gay men). I said of course.
On my way home from work I stopped by the hospital to check in with her briefly. Big hug, "how are you doing?," blah-buh-di-blah... and then we sat down for a bit to talk about what was going on. At first they thought kidney stone, then maybe appendicitis (had it, not fun), they still don't know but are running tests.
At one point she tells me, "Yeah, I told him I was gonna call you to ask if you could stay with him and he said, 'No, you can't call him, he can't come, he's got a game to watch.'"
I love that guy.
Yes, I'm going to the hospital... Jeebus, I'm not a monster. And they have three teevees in the waiting room.
2 Comments:
oh honey, i sure do hope your friend's OK. please tell him your blog bud, who you didn't meet in prague, or actually even meet at all, sends best wishes.
hospitals are teh sukc.
and he SHOULD have a TV in his room...
besides, how can pedro lose (ahem, cough)
IC
I missed game one in 2002 to be in the wedding of two law school friends.
The Angels lost, the couple was separated within six months, and I'm no longer on speaking terms with either one of them.
But hey, hopefully your thing turns out better.
Post a Comment
<< Home