Thursday, August 12, 2004

Lamenting the Governor

Little more than a week after whinging about his playing time, Kevin Millar shut his filthy cowboy pie-hole and unleashed his fury on the beleaguered Tampa pitching staff. When the dust settled Millar's line read 4 3 4 4 0 0 0. Jason Varietk contributed a pair of doubles and four RBI, as well. Final score 14-4, Boston. Derek Lowe brought his record up to .500 with an outing sadly typical of a .500 pitcher, but he got the W and at the end of the day, isn't what really matters?

In Anaheim Garret Anderson broke a 2-2 tie in the seventh with a bases-loaded single to finish the evening's scoring at 4-2.

So as I face another day here in my concrete habitrail, desk jockeying into bolivian, the Sox and Angels remained tied for the lead in the AL wild card race.


We at Chez Flavor don't have cable and so last night we watched the Baltimore-Anaheim game at our local. One of my favorite things about watching teevee in a bar? Closed captions for the hearing impaired. The deaf community must think we are all nuts. Last night's highlight? As Anaheim leftfielder Jose Guillen corralled a line-drive single we at home read, "He stood there lamenting the governor." It's even funnier if you've had a pot cupcake and five Tecates... I mean, I bet it would be even funnier if you've had a pot cupcake and five Tecates. I couldn't know for certain, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home