"He looks like a fucking super hero. A cross between Laurence Fishburn and Ghengis Khan."
That from my old friend, D'man, proud resident out of SoBo, where he reported that the noise outside his window was thunderous.
After all the careful planning, the UrClown ran out of anytime minutes, Frankenpunk got hung up at work and I was left alone to try and figure out where the good juju was hiding in the room. I did seven innings on the couch, but it didn't feel quite right, so I moved to the desk. Chain smoking, eating, Chain smoking, eating, Chain smoking, eating ("Wow! You sound like a real attractive guy!"), ... checking e-mail, following St Louis/Houston (Excelsior!), calling everyone I could think of.
Despite Captain Hazelwood's every effort to the contrary, the pen just kept coming up huge, 8 innings of 5-hit, shut out ball. How about a little love for Keith Foulke who, for the second day in a row, held the Yankees in check as Rivera wilted. Do we need to even discuss the Death Wish Kid's very public and merciless emasculation of Jeter, A-Rod and Sheff? Can we finally acknowledge the heroic contributions Tim Wakefield has made to this team over the past decade?
When the Cookie Monster finally busted out the whuppin' stick for the second time that day I had found my way to the Eames chair and I had the Captain on the phone. I literally fell out of my chair.
I never knew watching teevee could be so tiring.
After all the careful planning, the UrClown ran out of anytime minutes, Frankenpunk got hung up at work and I was left alone to try and figure out where the good juju was hiding in the room. I did seven innings on the couch, but it didn't feel quite right, so I moved to the desk. Chain smoking, eating, Chain smoking, eating, Chain smoking, eating ("Wow! You sound like a real attractive guy!"), ... checking e-mail, following St Louis/Houston (Excelsior!), calling everyone I could think of.
Despite Captain Hazelwood's every effort to the contrary, the pen just kept coming up huge, 8 innings of 5-hit, shut out ball. How about a little love for Keith Foulke who, for the second day in a row, held the Yankees in check as Rivera wilted. Do we need to even discuss the Death Wish Kid's very public and merciless emasculation of Jeter, A-Rod and Sheff? Can we finally acknowledge the heroic contributions Tim Wakefield has made to this team over the past decade?
When the Cookie Monster finally busted out the whuppin' stick for the second time that day I had found my way to the Eames chair and I had the Captain on the phone. I literally fell out of my chair.
I never knew watching teevee could be so tiring.
2 Comments:
I just wanna say, on Primer chat, prior to the Ortiz at bat, I called a game winning broken bat single on a cut fastball.
well, let's see if i can help out
1) keith foulke RULES!
2) any pitcher who emasculates jeter, A effing rod and sheff publically or privately is the Man
3) wake is soooooo cute - he has that sweet face that you just wanna kiss and kiss and, uh, etc. (is that enuf luuuuuuuv for you?)and he's a standup guy, too.
4) and IF you'd get yself around to reading my blog, you'd get a nice pleasant surprise...
and boy, yall keep puttin all that filthy smoke in yer lungs, yall won't have enough breath for screamin on halloween.... and yer gonna need it. hehhehheh
lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home