Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Wednesday

Houston @ Atlanta, Game 1
Clemens - One of the ten best pitchers of all time, maybe top five. I have a laundry list of reasons to hate this guy, a list that predates his leaving town to be "closer to home." But the fact is, I was thirlled when he un-resigned and joined the Colt .45's, because I was allowed to enjoy him again. He's the only guy I can remember telling the press he was going to throw at people the day before his start. He works harder than anyone. And barring a rare moment of clarity on the part of the BBWAA*, he just may win a seventh Cy Young award. At the age of 41 he moved from a pitcher's park to a hitter's park and posted his best season since '98.

Wright - Remember when he showed up out of nowhere to lead a the 86-win Tribe to within three outs of being the MVP of Cleveland's first world series champion since 1948? I hated the kid, but god he looked like the next big thing. And then he dropped right off the face of the Earth, pitching only 480 innings over the next 6 years. I don't know if Mazzone sent him to Stuart Smalley or what, but the kid's abig league pitcher again. What he is not is Roger Clemens.

I feel the same way about the Braves that I do about the Cards, I just don't see it. But at least the Cards have a spate of howitzers in their line up and made me look almost as bad as Odalis Perez yesterday. Clemens in a walk.


Ed. Note - I'll have more later, but Ice Cold was all up in my grill for this game and it's starting as I type this. I know you were all worried sick.

Ed. Note #2 - I'm just now realizing that when Ice Cold says "even my mama is gonna get "sick" about 2pm..." she's referring to 4 PM, Center of the Universe Time. Could it be that I'm an Assclown?


*Can we please launch a movement to fix this? Please?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU????? the Assclown???? i don't THINK so. you just a soxfan. hehhehheh

Babe Ruth Dog sez "woof" which means El Diva will be fine tonite. Sorry Matt. Sorry Bill.

lisa

October 6, 2004 at 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clemens in a "walk"?

damn, boy, you GOOD!!!!

of course, so were Beltran, Berkman, Bagwell.......

lisa

October 7, 2004 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home