The Colt .45's
The Wild Card Race in the NL is even cloudier...
Realistically the Pads are done, sure they've three against Arizona this weekend, but one of those is against the Unit, so they're de facto 3 1/2 back today with a magic number of 10. And they have to play SF today and tomorrow.
The Cubbies are in much better shape, but still have to finish up with the Braves over the weekend and are facing Luke Hudson who, despite allowing more walks than a mall in Florida, has managed a 4-2 record and a 2.55 ERA in 8 starts.
The Gi'nts have an ugly week ahead of them as they face Boomer tonight in SD, but tomorrow face the underwhelming Adam Eaton. Their weekend will feature the ultimate battle between good and evil (that side of the Mississippi. A brief aside: I sent Neel a long, rambling, angry 500-word piece of fire and brimstone demanding that he stop comparing SF/LA to NY/Boston. He's no longer speaking to me. My bad) as the B_rry & Jason Show rolls into the Ravine for a three day boogie down. If you watch closely you should see Neel, in Giants face-paint, seated between the UrClown and the Captain. I hate the Dodgers almost as much as I hate Matt and I used to live in SF (I'm sorry, Lisa, forgive me for what I'm about to say), so I am pulling hard for the Giants to get it done. The Giants are the only team of the four that controls their own destiny, but if the win every game it means knocking LA into the WC scrum, which is a whole nother mess...
The argument could be made that Houston's sitting pretty right now as the Rocket faces the Cards tonight and then they finish up with three at home against the Rockies, a team that bats .245/.314/.405 away from Adol... er, I mean Coors Field. But the fact is they don't control their own destiny and are gonna need some help.
W L W% GB
CHI 88 69 0.561 -
SF 88 69 0.561 -
Hou 88 70 0.557 0.5
SD 85 72 0.541 3
Realistically the Pads are done, sure they've three against Arizona this weekend, but one of those is against the Unit, so they're de facto 3 1/2 back today with a magic number of 10. And they have to play SF today and tomorrow.
The Cubbies are in much better shape, but still have to finish up with the Braves over the weekend and are facing Luke Hudson who, despite allowing more walks than a mall in Florida, has managed a 4-2 record and a 2.55 ERA in 8 starts.
The Gi'nts have an ugly week ahead of them as they face Boomer tonight in SD, but tomorrow face the underwhelming Adam Eaton. Their weekend will feature the ultimate battle between good and evil (that side of the Mississippi. A brief aside: I sent Neel a long, rambling, angry 500-word piece of fire and brimstone demanding that he stop comparing SF/LA to NY/Boston. He's no longer speaking to me. My bad) as the B_rry & Jason Show rolls into the Ravine for a three day boogie down. If you watch closely you should see Neel, in Giants face-paint, seated between the UrClown and the Captain. I hate the Dodgers almost as much as I hate Matt and I used to live in SF (I'm sorry, Lisa, forgive me for what I'm about to say), so I am pulling hard for the Giants to get it done. The Giants are the only team of the four that controls their own destiny, but if the win every game it means knocking LA into the WC scrum, which is a whole nother mess...
The argument could be made that Houston's sitting pretty right now as the Rocket faces the Cards tonight and then they finish up with three at home against the Rockies, a team that bats .245/.314/.405 away from Adol... er, I mean Coors Field. But the fact is they don't control their own destiny and are gonna need some help.
2 Comments:
Holy shit! Matt and I almost/kinda agree on something.
well, if you hafta root for esseff, at least you're honest about it. if we don't make it, i'm gonna root for em myself. gonna be real bad if the cubs (yecccccch) and the MFY are in the series.
neel's just jealous.
matt, your "rooting" for my stros is like telling me that every other girl turned you down and i'm all that's left. dance witcher self, boy!
lisa
yall notice, by the way, that we just swept the best team in the ML. we ain't dead yet!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home