Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Fan We Can All Hate

I'm Red Sox fan living in Brooklyn and working just off Wall Street. I am surrounded by Yankee fans. My boss is a Yankee fan. He and I will never be friends, but we get along well, he's easy to work for and he lets me do things my way for the most part.

We talk baseball all year, games, trades, stas, who's better... all that stuff. He's a bit of a dinosaur, I've had to explain OPS to him about six times and he's still convinced that range factor is akin to alchemy or the black arts, but he is a real fan. He lives and dies with his team.

When I came into work following last year's ALCS I congratulated him, he said thank you and then we talked about what an absolutely incredible game and series we had just watched.

Then, one-by-one the others started coming by: men and women who know nothing about the Yankees, couldn't name their starting nine, haven't watched a game all year. And each one had to take their shot at the office Sox fan.

Well, it started again this morning.

Fuck you, Bandwagon hopper, fuck you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're welcome to hop on the stros bandwagon....


lisa

October 13, 2004 at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home