Game 3, New York @ Boston
Remember yesterday when I said that the winner of game 2 would win the series? And remember when Seitz made fun of me for it? Yeah, that was nice.
These memories beg the question, "I know Matt's still an assclown, but why is El Gordo still playing '100 monkeys' if he thinks the series is over?" I'll tell you why; because if you don't believe you're team's gonna win, there's just no point in watching.
Arroyo - Of course there's another reason, The Death Wish Kid. On the day MWISAA, nee MWIAA, was launched he was dubed "Bronson 'Tough Love' Arroyo" in anticipation of his start that night. We got it right the following day with DWK. In 12 starts ince then, including a start in Game three of the ALDS, he's had an ERA of 3.84 and the Sox have gone 11-1. This season he has blossomed from untested #5 to maybe the best #3 in the AL. With his pimp roll and goofy-ass tendrils popping out of the back off his head and his hanging with Puffy, on the surface he doesn't inspire much confidence. Then you consider that he lead the Majors in HBPs. You get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of Jeter do that obnoxious jackknife away from a breaking ball on the outside corner; of A-Rod throwing a hissy fit over getting plunked by a 78-MPH curveball; of Sheffield being fresh out of buddy passes and you think, "Fuck it. Let's do this."
Brown - Ah, K-Bro... what a dick. I think James put it best in the “Abstract” when he said, “Yeah, I don’t like him, either.” Even if you’re a Yankee fan, how do you root for a guy who breaks his hand punching a wall in September. If you’re a reader of MWISAA don’t you ask, “Why hasn’t Brown made the Assclown HoF?” He’s pitched below his own standards in the playoffs throughout his career. In his start against Minnesota last week he left a deceptively good line score, surrendering one run over 6 innings. Then you notice that he gave up 8 hits and recorded only 1 strike out. Makes you think, don’t it? We’ll see.
Gleefully backstroking in a pool of self-delusion…
These memories beg the question, "I know Matt's still an assclown, but why is El Gordo still playing '100 monkeys' if he thinks the series is over?" I'll tell you why; because if you don't believe you're team's gonna win, there's just no point in watching.
Arroyo - Of course there's another reason, The Death Wish Kid. On the day MWISAA, nee MWIAA, was launched he was dubed "Bronson 'Tough Love' Arroyo" in anticipation of his start that night. We got it right the following day with DWK. In 12 starts ince then, including a start in Game three of the ALDS, he's had an ERA of 3.84 and the Sox have gone 11-1. This season he has blossomed from untested #5 to maybe the best #3 in the AL. With his pimp roll and goofy-ass tendrils popping out of the back off his head and his hanging with Puffy, on the surface he doesn't inspire much confidence. Then you consider that he lead the Majors in HBPs. You get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of Jeter do that obnoxious jackknife away from a breaking ball on the outside corner; of A-Rod throwing a hissy fit over getting plunked by a 78-MPH curveball; of Sheffield being fresh out of buddy passes and you think, "Fuck it. Let's do this."
Brown - Ah, K-Bro... what a dick. I think James put it best in the “Abstract” when he said, “Yeah, I don’t like him, either.” Even if you’re a Yankee fan, how do you root for a guy who breaks his hand punching a wall in September. If you’re a reader of MWISAA don’t you ask, “Why hasn’t Brown made the Assclown HoF?” He’s pitched below his own standards in the playoffs throughout his career. In his start against Minnesota last week he left a deceptively good line score, surrendering one run over 6 innings. Then you notice that he gave up 8 hits and recorded only 1 strike out. Makes you think, don’t it? We’ll see.
Gleefully backstroking in a pool of self-delusion…
3 Comments:
No one wants to see a sweep. So in that vein, while I won't complain if the Sox lose, I'm not exactly rooting for the Yankees in this one, at least for today.
See, I can be a nice guy.
Gee, Bill(sniff...sniff...cough...), I'm sorry, it's a little smokey in here... (sniff...)
matt honey,
you mean tarred and feathered and rode outta town on a rail with Phil F. Garner. cuz francona is a little re-tarrred-ded and caint count to 100....
lisa
Post a Comment
<< Home