Thursday, October 07, 2004

It's Sad

Being in a 2-0 hole has got the UrClown all in twist. He suggests that "distunguisng" "may be a fitting description of (my) premature over-confidence." What's funny is I don't recall a whole lot of over-confidence since the start of the playoffs. On the contrary, I think we should review my coverage thus far...

Boston @ Anaheim, Game 1
I can't see how even a couple of unrepentant kool-aid chugging Anaheim assclowns could reasonably expect the Angels to win this game.
OK, a bit heady, sure, but I think the 9-3 final spoke to my thought process.

And Matt's response?
Wash & Co. beat Schilling 3-2, because Curt gives up homeruns, and right now there's a man named Vlad hitting them.
Hey, Gilligan, a Man named Vlad went 0-5.


Then in anticipation of yesterday's game...
Game 2, Boston @ Anaheim
Lady and Gentlemen, I give you my most shamelessly biased prediction of the first round: Advantage El Diva, Sox up 2-0.

(Man, I could be eating a big bowl (of) shit in about three and a half hours)
Need I apologize for this? No, I don't think so. I think the relative closeness of the score, 8-3, explained my hedge.




10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fear of what, brainfart? Sending Schilling out for Game 1 with too much rest? Not having an excuse to hide in the bar at the wedding reception on Saturday? Having to stay at the Captain's place instead of yours? Emmanuelle blaming me for your borderline-catatonia?

A corn-rowed Pirates reject will be sending you to your doom.


The only thing I can figure is that your baiting me into being a bigger ass than you. That way, when the Sox win you can say, "Oh, big man. Starts talking smack when he's up 2-0." And in the metaphysically impossible event that they lose, you've got a lifetime of clip 'n save to shove in my face.

I swear, arguing with you is like arm wrestling an 8-year-old girl, it's lose-lose.

October 7, 2004 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

Why would he be baiting you to be something that you clearly already are?

October 7, 2004 at 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Bill, not you too? So disheartened by your demise that the best you can muster is a grown-up version of "Are too!"

I'm sorry, man.

October 7, 2004 at 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An omen of what exactly? Winged denizens of Southern California falling to their death after a Thursday flight? Oh, right. I get it.

October 7, 2004 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

I'd really like to shoot Chione Figgins right now.

October 8, 2004 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

Vlad will be spared my wrath, however.

October 8, 2004 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

Matt, he may well be the best player in baseball in October.

October 8, 2004 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

The next best thing to the Angels winning would be the Red Sox losing, so GO! Whoever is playing the Red Sox!

October 8, 2004 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Seitz said...

Email from Keith Law during the game:

How blatantly is the HP ump trying to give this game to Boston?

What a joke.

-klaw
.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

October 8, 2004 at 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear bill - sorry your team didn't play well.

matt, please explain it to him. what i meant, i mean.

NTA, glad you'll be home to celebrate. only a few short weeks till Roger is back in fenway....

lisa

October 9, 2004 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home