Schadenfreude II
Remember the good old days when Bill would stop by to talk a little smack, muck up the wheels of democracy and just generally make sport of me? And I'd misspell his name, call him an Assclown and deride his Halos? Oh, those were happy, happy days.
Once his Angels got bounced I figured it was all over for Bill and me. Well, Bill's still here and he's here for one reason; he's hoping to watch my descent into misery and frustration.
Hey, Bill, Repoz said that Keith said that you're a sick, sick man.
Once his Angels got bounced I figured it was all over for Bill and me. Well, Bill's still here and he's here for one reason; he's hoping to watch my descent into misery and frustration.
Hey, Bill, Repoz said that Keith said that you're a sick, sick man.
2 Comments:
Last night, about 1:00 am, I was lying in bed trying to drift towards dreamland, TV on in the background. Up pop two actors with familiar faces, but without enough general "fame" for me to give a crap who they were. One in Boston, the other in Chicago, they introduced a "documentary" about the monumental collapses of both the Cubs and Sox last year. Normally such a program would have put a wide smile on my face, but as both "nations" have a tendency to revel in their own failure, such displays have become more and more unbearable.
So ya know what I did? I walked into the living room, flipped on the TV, fired up the 'ol TiVo, and pointed it right to Scott Spiezio's at bat against Felix Rodriguez in game 6. Watched Troy Glaus double home a pair in the 8th. Fast forwarded to Joe Buck's somewhat pathetic "We'll see you tomorrow night," as Percival struck out Rich Aurilia. A couple of clicks later, I was listening to Mr. Buck say "Lifted into right center field, Erstad says he has it. The Angels, World Champions." As I drifted off, I thought about all of the Cubs and Sox fans who, while putting up a brave face, really know deep down that such joys are little more than wishes in the wind.
Sweet dreams, indeed. :)
he's hoping to watch my descent into misery and frustration.
Oh, and misery, company, that whole thing, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home