"I fucking give up. Fuck this fucking team."
And with that, ladies and gentlemen, the Assclown has raised the white flag.
As predicted, Dewon Brazelton turned it around with a workman-like 5 1/3 8 3 3 1 3. Young stud BJ Upton chipped in with his first career home run as part of a 2-for-5, 2 run, 2 RBI night. Kelvim couldn't get out of the fifth. 'Nuff said.
Lando came through with a wall-ball double with two out in the bottom of the ninth to give Foulke the win on the heels of El Diva's 7 inning, four run effort.
I have to admit, though, that the celebratory mob that descended upon Lando between 2nd and 3rd left a bad taste in my mouth. On July 24th (my mother's birthday*) Kate and I went to Logan to meet the UrClown. You may remember this as the day of the Varitek-Rodriguez boogey-down that was decided by a Bill Mueller home run off the Fruit Bat. As the three of us sat in the airport bar watching the celebration I couldn't help but shout out for all to hear "It's fucking July!"
*This is what a terrible person I am: earlier that day I was watching SportsCenter. They ran a clip of Barry Bonds and mentioned it was his birthday. "Oh, shit," I yelled, "it's my mother's birthday." That's right, I remember my mother's b-day because it's Barry's b-day.
As predicted, Dewon Brazelton turned it around with a workman-like 5 1/3 8 3 3 1 3. Young stud BJ Upton chipped in with his first career home run as part of a 2-for-5, 2 run, 2 RBI night. Kelvim couldn't get out of the fifth. 'Nuff said.
Lando came through with a wall-ball double with two out in the bottom of the ninth to give Foulke the win on the heels of El Diva's 7 inning, four run effort.
I have to admit, though, that the celebratory mob that descended upon Lando between 2nd and 3rd left a bad taste in my mouth. On July 24th (my mother's birthday*) Kate and I went to Logan to meet the UrClown. You may remember this as the day of the Varitek-Rodriguez boogey-down that was decided by a Bill Mueller home run off the Fruit Bat. As the three of us sat in the airport bar watching the celebration I couldn't help but shout out for all to hear "It's fucking July!"
*This is what a terrible person I am: earlier that day I was watching SportsCenter. They ran a clip of Barry Bonds and mentioned it was his birthday. "Oh, shit," I yelled, "it's my mother's birthday." That's right, I remember my mother's b-day because it's Barry's b-day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home