Taking the Bait II
OK, I'm sorry, Matt. I know what you were really asking about was the AL races...
At this point there's only Oakland and Anaheim vying for the last spot. After 159 games the two teams are tied at 90-69 and have split the season series, 8-8.
Let's look at the match ups...
Friday
Bartolo Colon - He looks like a cross between Jabba the Hut and a Mad Ball, and unless you're the owner of a local all-night sub shop, Colon's move to Anaheim has been a bust. But the fact remains that he's 17-12, and with the exception of 1999's historic 23-7 drubbing at the hands of Boston, has come up huge in the post season, and this may as well be the post season.
Mark Mulder - I was in gym class the other day when I heard Seitz say Repoz said that Keith said that Mulder's really cute. Or maybe it was "finished." Any-hoo... The man who started the All Star game is 0-3 with a 8.10 ERA in his last five starts.
Advantage Gorgon.
Saturday
Kelvim Escobar - As I said the other day, Escobar has been the Halos' ace this year. "Ace" of course being a relative term. Oakland has tagged him pretty well this year and he's pitching on three days rest, so we'll see...
Barry Zito - Zito's been a mess all season and there's nothing to suggest he's figured out what's wrong. And he's been even worse against Anaheim than Escobar's been against Oakland. I think maybe he needs to take a nice long swim in Lake Barry.
Sunday
Jarrod Washburn - I gotta admit, I made some pretty snide comments about Mike "BC" Sciosia's criticism of his pitchers earlier this summer. Now that I take a closer look, I see the problem, these guys are average at best. But, hey, the AL West is rich with crappy starting pitching.
Tim Hudson - Tim's been the most steady of Oakland's big three, but, like his cohorts, he's been sucking wind this month.
When this project started the idea that the Sox and the Angels would both make the play offs was just a crazy dream. But now, with the Singin' Cowboy Nine rolling and Oakland spitting the bit this month, I gotta go with the Angels to take it this weekend.
Seeing as the Twinkies have lost all interest in playing major league baseball, it looks like the Angels will get the two-seed in the AL, which sadly means I will be eating Matt's heart for breakfast a round earlier than I'd hoped. Selah.
Minnesota totally wilted in the glow of the Bombers and I can't help but think we'll be looking at more of the same next week, which would lead to...
The Boston Red Sox v the New York Yankees in the ALCS foro the second year in a row.
Can anybody guess where my money is? Anybody?
At this point there's only Oakland and Anaheim vying for the last spot. After 159 games the two teams are tied at 90-69 and have split the season series, 8-8.
Let's look at the match ups...
Friday
Bartolo Colon - He looks like a cross between Jabba the Hut and a Mad Ball, and unless you're the owner of a local all-night sub shop, Colon's move to Anaheim has been a bust. But the fact remains that he's 17-12, and with the exception of 1999's historic 23-7 drubbing at the hands of Boston, has come up huge in the post season, and this may as well be the post season.
Mark Mulder - I was in gym class the other day when I heard Seitz say Repoz said that Keith said that Mulder's really cute. Or maybe it was "finished." Any-hoo... The man who started the All Star game is 0-3 with a 8.10 ERA in his last five starts.
Advantage Gorgon.
Saturday
Kelvim Escobar - As I said the other day, Escobar has been the Halos' ace this year. "Ace" of course being a relative term. Oakland has tagged him pretty well this year and he's pitching on three days rest, so we'll see...
Barry Zito - Zito's been a mess all season and there's nothing to suggest he's figured out what's wrong. And he's been even worse against Anaheim than Escobar's been against Oakland. I think maybe he needs to take a nice long swim in Lake Barry.
Sunday
Jarrod Washburn - I gotta admit, I made some pretty snide comments about Mike "BC" Sciosia's criticism of his pitchers earlier this summer. Now that I take a closer look, I see the problem, these guys are average at best. But, hey, the AL West is rich with crappy starting pitching.
Tim Hudson - Tim's been the most steady of Oakland's big three, but, like his cohorts, he's been sucking wind this month.
When this project started the idea that the Sox and the Angels would both make the play offs was just a crazy dream. But now, with the Singin' Cowboy Nine rolling and Oakland spitting the bit this month, I gotta go with the Angels to take it this weekend.
Seeing as the Twinkies have lost all interest in playing major league baseball, it looks like the Angels will get the two-seed in the AL, which sadly means I will be eating Matt's heart for breakfast a round earlier than I'd hoped. Selah.
Minnesota totally wilted in the glow of the Bombers and I can't help but think we'll be looking at more of the same next week, which would lead to...
The Boston Red Sox v the New York Yankees in the ALCS foro the second year in a row.
Can anybody guess where my money is? Anybody?
2 Comments:
i gotta go with anaheim, too. the only thing "big" about the Big3 is their ERAs.
and ANYBODY but the MFY. even Aaron the Assclown's twinkeeze
and boy, you got this talkin like a 12 yr old grrrl down good. i'm startin to worry....
lisa
sox vs stros 2004!!!!!
So I cite a well-known (in baseball circles) authority on the subject and I get accused of spreading rumors like a teenaged girl? What the hell?
he's pitching on three days rest...
.
He also only threw 80 pitches in his last start, so I don't think the rest is going to be an issue.
Post a Comment
<< Home